Submitting a theme
The NationBuilder software platform is used by thousands of leaders and organizations worldwide to build communities and lead people to action. While the platform offers customers a handful of free stock website themes, the theme marketplace exists to dramatically expand the number of professional themes available. If you or your organization loves crafting professional, modern and smartly designed NationBuilder website themes, this is a great opportunity to generate revenue and expand your business.
What to know before submitting a theme
- You must have the NationBuilder Architect certification.
- You must have launched at least one NationBuilder website for a paying client.
- Your theme will undergo a thorough review process to ensure it meets all expectations of design and build quality, control panel compatibility and accessibility. Any theme we determine to fail meeting these requirements or failing to add sufficient value to customers will not be accepted.
- You will be fully responsible for the support, documentation and maintenance of your theme. We expect you to provide timely, accurate and friendly assistance to NationBuilder customers who purchase your theme. NationBuilder will not provide support for your theme.
- Being an owner of a theme in the theme marketplace may take substantial time and effort to maintain and support. Be sure you are willing and able to participate fully.
- You will receive 80% of each theme sold (net of any payment processing fees).
- You must carefully read and sign the NationBuilder theme marketplace agreement.
- Anyone is allowed to use your theme. You can not restrict usage or theme support to only certain types of organizations or ideologies.
- Themes you sell in the NationBuilder marketplace cannot be sold elsewhere.
Steps of theme review
- Theme brief: Submit a thorough brief about your theme using the form below.
- Design review: Your brief will be reviewed by our staff and we will email you with approval to proceed to initial QA, or requested changes within 4 weeks.
- Initial QA: Once your design has been reviewed and approved, use this theme checklist to carefully verify that your theme is fully compatible with the NationBuilder control panel.
- Final QA: Once you’ve completed the initial QA, we will do a final QA and either approve the theme to be published in the marketplace or request changes.